Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Take advantage of the TBA help towards putting on events

I've invested 2 years into putting on events with TBA Collective and I must say, it would be much harder to pull this stuff off myself without the collective. At a TBA meeting, I'd pitch an idea, if it gets approved, they've always been there to help me with logistics on what I need to have there, what we should look out for and how the event will be run, as well as getting people to volunteer to do different tasks for event. It's honestly the best contribution I've ever received as an event organizer. Now that I'm taking a hiatus from the spearheading side of events to take on more projects with TBA, others should take advantage of using our resources for event organizing!
If you have an idea art/music related that's original that you need help with, pitch it to our TBA people! You can start by posting it on the TBA forum to see if you get an bites!
http://www.tbacollective.com/forum
Next you can contact me (jonah@tbacollective.com) to see when the next meeting is and pitch it in person! I can't approve anything myself, but the group is the real collective decision and they've never steered me wrong.

Also if you're curious on HOW to organize events, just check out my free tutorial (still being updated) on how to organize events from my google documents here: http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AQwTxdWyY-0YZGYycHo4cHhfNzZmNWd2MzVocg&hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment